Friday, November 18, 2022

INTERSPIRITUAL MEDITATION -- 3

Second Post on Step One of InterSpiritual Meditation: 
May we be Happy and Healthy

May all beings learn how to nourish themselves with joy each day. — Thich Nhat Hanh

This nourishment is found only in deep meditation, contemplation and prayer. Step One is all about motivation. The desire for Health and Happiness can motivate us to strive for that deep contentment, delight and well-being but there is no guarantee that this will happen. Believe me, I know. At times I am aware that genuine health and happiness is as elusive to me as it ever has been. That's because I always need to begin again in this moment ... now. So, in any moment of deep meditation, contemplation and prayer I am genuinely happy and healthy. Otherwise I am not. Now is the time to contemplate, meditate and pray. Not later. Now. Be mindful Now. Pray unceasingly Now. I'm working on it. It's deeply mystical. The work is worth it because of the amazing joy we can experience in this practice.

And I will give Herman Hesse the last word: Within you there is a stillness and a sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.

++++++++++++

+ This is a series of posts on InterSpiritual Meditation: A Seven Step Process created by Dr. Edward Bastian. I am an InterSpiritual Mentor certified by SpiritualPaths Institute which Ed established. In these posts I will offer reflections of mine and others on each of the steps which are: 

1.      Motivation: “May we be Happy and Healthy.”

2.      Gratitude: “May we be Grateful for Life’s Many Gifts.”

3.      Transformation: “May we be Transformed into Our Highest Being.”

4.      Compassion:“May we be Loving and Compassionate.”

5.      Mindfulness: “May we be Mindful through Our Breathing.”

6.      Wisdom: “May we Become Wise through our Meditation.”

7.      Service: “May we be in Service to All.”

+ I invite you to purchase and read Ed's wonderful books including InterSpiritual Meditation: A Seven Step Process and Mandala: Creating an Authentic Spiritual Path -- An InterSpiritual Process.  

+ I invite you to consider taking a comprehensive e-course on InterSpiritual Meditation offered by Spiritual Paths.net.  The course is always available but periodically it is taught via Zoom by Ed and other teachers as an 8-week course with group participation.

No comments: