Saturday, April 29, 2023

INTERSPIRITUAL MEDITATION -- 20

+ This is the second post on Step Two of InterSpiritual Mediation: MAY WE BE GRATEFUL FOR LIFE’S MANY GIFTS.

To all my teachers,
I beseech,
Please stay near
and help me teach.

Your wisdom helped me
To find my way,
For constant blessings
I will always pray.

To the natural world
That sustains my living
I honor her
For always giving.

My many faults
I now confess,
And clear them all
Through forgiveness.
-- Edward Bastian

The grateful heart sits at a continuous feast.
-- Proverbs 15:15

The more we are steeped in gratefulness,
the more it absorbs us until we start to radiate it from within.
-- Tim Roberts

Gratitude places you in the energy field of plentitude.
Perceiving life in a consciousness of gratitude is
literally stepping into another dimension of living.
Suddenly the seeming ordinariness of your days takes on a divine sparkle …
Glow with gratitude and see how awe and joy will make their home in you.
-- Michael Bernard Beckwith

Gratitude is a celebration of love.
-- Br. David Steindl-Rast

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
-– Melody Beattie

+ Ed Bastian’s first two verses for this step -- “To all my teachers, I beseech, Please stay near and help me teach. / Your wisdom helped me To find my way, For constant blessings I will always pray.” – emphasize gratitude for teachers. I invite you to remember and honor all of the teachers in your life who have opened the doors of your mind, heart, body and soul to that “energy field of plenitude,” to the heavenly realm of abundance, joy, wisdom, beauty, love, truth, peace, justice and freedom.

+ This is a series of posts on InterSpiritual Meditation: A Seven Step Process created by Dr. Edward Bastian. I am an InterSpiritual Mentor certified by SpiritualPaths Institute which Ed established. In these posts I am offer reflections of mine and others on each of the steps which are:

1. Motivation: “May we be Happy and Healthy.”
2. Gratitude: “May we be Grateful for Life’s Many Gifts.”
3. Transformation: “May we be Transformed into Our Highest Being.”
4. Compassion: “May we be Loving and Compassionate.”
5. Mindfulness: “May we be Mindful through Our Breathing.”
6. Wisdom: “May we Become Wise through our Meditation.”
7. Service: “May we be in Service to All.”

+ I invite you to purchase and read Ed's wonderful books including InterSpiritual Meditation: A Seven Step Process Drawn from the World’s Spiritual Traditions and Mandala: Creating an Authentic Spiritual Path -- An InterSpiritual Process.

+ I invite you to consider taking a comprehensive e-course on InterSpiritual Meditation offered by Spiritual Paths.net. The course is always available but periodically it is taught via Zoom by Spiritual Paths teachers as an 8-week course with group participation. Another wonderful course which is always available and periodically taught via Zoom is the InterSpiritual Mandala Course. It is designed to “Create your Spiritual Practice and Path by Harnessing Your Spiritual Styles to Find Answers to your Spiritual Questions.”

+ I invite you to join The New Faith for the New Earth Facebook Group where I and group members post and comment on InterSpiritual Wisdom & Practices and other topics.

No comments: