Monday, April 20, 2015

JOYFUL WANDERING -- 48

+ Updated at 6:13pm ESDT on April 20, 2015.

+ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, REBECCA. It's great to have you in the family.

+ Let me know if you have anything to add to this post or any other post by contacting john@abundancetrek.com and use JOYFUL WANDERING in your subject line. My hope is to make this a community blog but with me as dictator! (just kidding of course)

+ I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since my last Joyful Wandering post. What's wrong with me? I love doing this.

+ I still love to simply enjoy web surfing. There is so much information, knowledge and wisdom being shared by millions and millions of us. Sorry about the split infinitive but I like to joyfully wander splitting infinitives as I wander and wonder where I am going, where WE are going together!

+ Some of my favorite places on the web may be repeated from time to time. I am not going to go back through all of the previous JW posts to see what links I have offered.

+ I am interested in many topics. Here are some of the most likely topics to be covered in this continuing series of posts:

  • Spirituality
  • InterSpirituality
  • Progressive Christianity
  • Peace & Justice
  • Environment
  • Politics
  • Baseball
  • Rock'n'Roll

  • + What Barrett Lee offers on his blog is always worth a read. Here is what he posted today: AMERICA IS NOT THE FUTURE OF THE CHURCH.

    + This post by the Coffee Party goes back to early March but is well worth the read because it deals with what's happening in our political system here in the USA: Republicans dominating Congress but surrendering the White House to the Democrats. | Read the post

    + Spirituality and Practice currently features this:
    American Tibetan Buddhist teacher Lama Surya Das has a new book, and it provides a doable path to overcoming our illusions of duality and experiencing oneness. "Inter-meditation" takes us from the meditation pillow out into our everyday world where every aspect of our lives becomes part of our spiritual journey. Best of all, the book is packed with practices. 
     Read our review of Make Me One With Everything
     Read an excerpt on Ten Keys to Inter-Meditation
     Read an excerpt on Thirty-Three Potent Aphorisms

    No comments: