Saturday, February 20, 2016

SPIRITUAL EXPLORATIONS -- 65

WE ARE EXPLORING THE PRACTICE OF SILENCE

+
Earth, Teach Me
Earth teach me quiet ~ as the grasses are still with new light.
Earth teach me suffering ~ as old stones suffer with memory.
Earth teach me humility ~ as blossoms are humble with beginning.
Earth teach me caring ~ as mothers nurture their young.
Earth teach me courage ~ as the tree that stands alone.
Earth teach me limitation ~ as the ant that crawls on the ground.
Earth teach me freedom ~ as the eagle that soars in the sky.
Earth teach me acceptance ~ as the leaves that die each fall.
Earth teach me renewal ~ as the seed that rises in the spring.
Earth teach me to forget myself ~ as melted snow forgets its life.
Earth teach me to remember kindness ~ as dry fields weep with rain.
-- An Ute Prayer

+ With this post we begin exploring the second of four journeys of spiritual practices, the Journey of the Heart. During this exploration there will be posts on the practices of silence, discernment and healing.

We have been on the Journey of the Mind so far.  This Ute prayer is a good transition as it emphasizes practices we have been exploring: stillness, detachment and humility.  These practices will continue to be essential.  Without plenty of mindfulness, the Journey of the Heart cannot get very far.  Nor can the Journey of the Body or the Journey of the Soul which  will come after this journey.  I am so glad you are exploring with me. YOU are fantastic, wonderful, fascinating, delightful. 

Or, as Christopher Robin said to Pooh: “Promise me you'll always remember you're braver than you believe & stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Once again, I want to thank Elizabeth Lesser for the categories of The Mind, The Heart, The Body and The Soul and for the wisdom and practices she offers on each of these “landscapes” as she calls them in The Seeker’s Guide: Making Your Life a Spiritual Adventure.
+ You can always find a link to any of the Spiritual Explorations posts by going to http://abundancetrek.com/sepostsaccess.html

No comments: