Wednesday, May 11, 2016

SPIRITUAL EXPLORATIONS – 140

WE ARE EXPLORING THE PRACTICE OF HOLINESS


+ The essence of all spiritual life is your emotion, your attitude toward others. Once you have pure and sincere motivation, all the rest follows. You can develop the right attitude toward others on the basis of kindness, love, and respect, and on the clear realization of the oneness of all human beings.
-- His Holiness The Dalai Lama in The Path to Tranquility by His Holiness The Dalai Lama, Renuka Singh, editor

+ As a Christian, I am inspired by our scriptures, what we call The Holy Bible.  And I am inspired by the many Holy Teachers or Saints down through the centuries.  Adding a Buddhist or a Muslim or a Jew, or a Hindu, a Native American or an Agnostic to what I like to call my Heavenly Council has been a labor of love for most of my adult life.  His Holiness The Dalai Lama is certainly one of my favorite Buddhists.  When I think of him I see his smile.  See what Mother Teresa said in SE 137. I also think of his genuine Simplicity which is the next practice we will explore after a few more posts on Holiness

Holiness is closely linked to Love which will be the focus of quite a few SE posts when we explore the heavenly attributes of abundance, joy, wisdom, beauty, love, truth, peace, justice and freedom.   
     
+ Holiness is the ninth of the twelve Abundancetrek practices and the final practice of the Journey of the Body which began with Solitude and then continued with Devotion.

+ Holiness is not one of the 37 Spirituality & Practice practices BUT put Holiness in their Search Engine and you come up with 460 items including 227 quotes, 168 books, 28 practices, 14 teachers, 12 arts links, 7 e-courses, 3 films and 1 blog as of 5/11/16.  Go to http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/search/?q=holiness.

+ The Body gets a lot of attention from Spirituality and Practice as you can see when you go to a link to “Body” on their search engine. You will find 1611 items as of 4/26/16.

+ I would love it if you offered a guest post on this practice or any practice.  And, I have work to do on my Holiness Page.   Maybe you can help.  Send an email with the subject “Holiness” or “Guest Post” to John@abundancetrek.com.

+ You can always find a link to any of the Spiritual Explorations posts by going to http://abundancetrek.com/sepostsaccess.html

No comments: