Monday, November 15, 2021

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY -- 13


+ This is the twelfth post on Relationships, the current emphasis here as we enjoy Our Amazing Journey and seek to grow in our wisdom, practices and commitment.

As Jacob Boehme puts it, “I am a string in the concert of God’s joy.”  . . . We need to experience our own personal aliveness as part of that greater cosmic aliveness. When I become “a string in the instrument of God’s joy,’” I am “sounded through” by the music, and in that sounding, a harmonic resonance with all the other instruments, is revealed both my irreplaceable uniqueness and my inescapable belonging.” — Cynthia Bourgeault, The Wisdom Way of Knowing

This quote was offered by One Spirit on 11/12/21.

I think that affirming our “irreplaceable uniqueness” and “inescapable belonging” has to do with claiming our birthright. 

Here is how Ken Keyes, Jr. put it in The Handbook to Higher Consciousness:

I am perceiving everyone, including myself, as an awakening being who is here to claim his or her birthright to the higher consciousness planes of unconditional love and oneness. (Twelfth of the 12 Pathways to Higher Consciousness)

I often recite all 12 of these pathways.  Pathways 7 to 9 are particularly devoted to our relationships:

7. I open myself genuinely to all people by being willing to communicate my deepest feelings, since hiding in any degree keeps me stuck in my illusion of separateness from others.

8. I feel with loving compassion the problems of others without getting caught up emotionally in their predicaments that are offering them messages they need for their growth.

9. I act freely when I am tuned in, centered and loving and if possible I avoid acting when I am emotionally upset and depriving myself of the wisdom that flows from love and expanded consciousness.

So, strive to reach that level of consciousness where you don’t have to hide but can gently, sensitively and honestly be yourself as you engage in your relationships. Share your “irreplaceable uniqueness” in wise and compassionate ways. 

++++++++++++

+ Please join THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH facebook group where you can offer and read comments > https://www.facebook.com/groups/567789840446209

No comments: