Sunday, April 19, 2009

SUSAN BOYLE BRINGS ME TO TEARS

Millions have already seen and heard this fantastic singer making her (presumably) TV debut and (presumably) her YouTube debut. I was brought to tears when I first heard an excerpt on the Bill Press Show last week. But it took me a few days ... and a new computer! ... before I got to see and hear this amazing artistry by an unknown Brit appearing on the British TV show Britains Got Talent.

Listen now or as soon as you can to
Susan Boyle singing "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables. "I Dreamed a Dream" is a solo sung by Fantine during the first act of Les Miserables.

The crowd reaction and the judges reaction is simply a moment of amazing grace because the unexpected performance was simply delightful, no, delicious, divine, amazing, wonderful and everyone knew it at once. You've gotta love the English style which is so evident during this fantastic clip from
Britains Got Talent.

I am brought to tears rather easily but I have heard that I am not the only one! Michael Paulson, who covers religion for the Boston Globe asks "Why does video of Susan Boyle move us?" He writes: "I admit, I’m a bit of an easy cry, but even after watching over and over again, something about the combination of the performance and performer, the reaction of the audience and the judges, the song itself, and, it must be said, the expert but manipulative editing of the video, brings tears to my eyes."

See and hear for yourself if you are one of those who have yet to see and hear Susan Boyle singing "I Dreamed a Dream" from Les Miserables.


+ GO TO THE VIDEO AND BE AMAZED
+ GO TO THE ARTICLE BY MICHAEL PAULSON

No comments: