Friday, May 21, 2010

JOYFUL WANDERING -- 2

+ Last updated at 2:09pm ESDT on Friday, october 15, 2010. 

+ This post and this series of posts could be so much better if YOU would contribute.  YOU ARE A FANTASTIC and WONDERFUL PERSON.

+ I have been exploring the World Wide Web for years looking for spiritual wisdom and effective political  action in support of compassion, sustainable abundance, peace and justice.  I have found many great web sites and you can find many of them on the Connections Galore Page of Abundancetrek.com

+ One of my favorite web sites is The Church of I Am which is a collection of statements showing that the Perennial Philosophy, or Mysticism, or "Thou art That" is an essential foundation of all of our planet's powerful wisdom traditions.

Can you say with me "I am powerful"? "I am making a difference?" Finish the sentence: "I am ..."  What did you come up with?  Please share.  Please connect.  We are on an adventure together and I want your companionship.  We can make a difference.  We can create a planet where compassion, sustainable abundance, peace and justice thrive.

+ The Church of I AM guides us to the following teaching on The Universal Consciousness:

Those wise ones who see that the consciousness within themselves is the same consciousness within all conscious beings, attain eternal peace. -- Katha Upanishad.

So let's find out more about the Katha Upanishad. Yoga-Age.com offers a translation of the Katha Upanishad with commentary.  I am finding that the time and effort to learn from this scripture is well worth it.  Here is an excerpt from the next to last verse:

Through the process of steadfast discrimination, one should learn to differentiate the Soul from the body, just as one separates the pith from a reed.

+ Just wondering. What's next for OUR joyful wandering and wondering?  Help me decide.

+ Click here to see all JOYFUL WANDERING posts.

No comments: