Wednesday, May 5, 2010

JOYFUL WANDERING -- 1

+ updated at 2:28pm ESDT on Friday, May 21, 2010

+ I have been doing most of my blogging recently at The John A Wilde Blog but I think that's about to change as a result of my decision to begin this new series of posts called JOYFUL WANDERING.  It could also be called JOYFUL WONDERING.  Or maybe JUST WONDERING. 

I believe God wants us to enjoy life.  Really enjoy it.  For some this means accumulating lots of money and possessions and power but that's NOT what I have in mind here.  No way.

No, God wants us to be thankful for everything God provides, provides abundantly, provides FREE.  The universe really is a FREE LUNCH.  Something out of Nothing. 

I just discovered some wonderful synchronicity for this first JW post:

Today's Daily Lectionary includes these pertinent verses from 1 Thessalonians and Matthew 6:
  • But we appeal to you, brothers and sisters, to respect those who labor among you, and have charge of you in the Lord and admonish you; esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. And we urge you, beloved, to admonish the idlers, encourage the faint hearted, help the weak, be patient with all of them. See that none of you repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to all. Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; abstain from every form of evil. (1 Thessalonians 5:12-22)
  • Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal; but store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. No one can serve two masters; for a slave will either hate the one and love the other, or be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and wealth. (Matthew 6:19-21, 24)
We are creating this wonderful, fantastic universe.  Right now.  Right here. Enjoy!  Be glad all over! Take a deep breath and take in the beauty, the abundance, the love, the joy, the peace.  Right now.  Right here.

If you come with me on this journey, I can promise you only companionship.  I do not know where we are going or how we will get there.  We are simply wandering and wondering and discovering and exploring.  Oh, I suppose I do have an itinerary in mind but the itinerary is subject to change.  My personality type is INFP and one of the most basic attributes of an INFP is "Logic is Optional."

I think we can have a lot of fun and I think we can help the universe become more compassionate as we take this journey.  I hope you will join me because I think this journey is very important.  I have a lot to share with you and you have a lot to share with me.  2 minds are better than 1. 3 are better than 2. 4 are better than 3.  

100 are better than 99.

1000 are better than 999.

I think you get the idea!

Let's go.

I want this to start on a very positive note, so let's begin with MUSIC.  My favorite music is Rock'n'Roll but I enjoy plenty of other types as well.  I really like Celtic Music and Reggae and all kinds of World Music.  Here's a link to a song and video which always brings tears of joy to my eyes:

NEW SOUL by Yael Naim

(sorry about the ad) (maybe I can find a better link) (check for an update of this post)

Fellow trekkers, please suggest more JOYFUL WANDERING, JOYFUL WONDERING music for the trek. OK? 

+ Click here to see all of my JOYFUL WANDERING posts.

1 comment:

John said...

hi how are you?