Tuesday, February 5, 2013

JOYFUL WANDERING -- 43

+ Updated at 1:03pm EST on Wednesday, February 6, 2013

+ On February 6 I found 2 wonderful recent posts on The Living Stones Community Blog.  Sarah wrote "Waiting: A Liturgy" and David wrote "David Norling (Spiritual Story)".  Here is an excerpt from David's profound post: "I'm currently seeking to find out what it means to feel called to a ministry that doesn't exist, that is, Pastor of Listening. I made up the title and wrote my own job description, at the encouragement of God's spirit, as far as I can tell. I've sought counsel from several pastors. And while most could see the legitimacy of my vision and even my capacity to fulfill it, there seems to be a consensus that the programmatic nature of modern American Christianity can't conceive of the role that I seek to fill."

+ Spirituality and Practice offers "10 Reasons Why I Love Reading and Reviewing Spiritual Books" by Frederic A Brussat.

+ February is Heart Month. Spirituality and Practice offers a heart quote each day.  Here is an excerpt from the Intro page: "We chose to salute heart knowledge because of the heartlessness of these violent times and because of the growing number of people who feel disheartened."

And on February 1, the following quote was offered: 


"Many native cultures believe that the heart is the bridge between Father Sky and Mother Earth. For these traditions, the 'four-chambered heart,' the source for sustaining emotional and spiritual health, is described as being full, open, clear, and strong. These traditions feel that it is important to check the condition of the four-chambered heart daily, asking: 'Am I full-hearted, open-hearted, clear-hearted, and strong-hearted?'"
 

A Quote on the Heart from The Four-Fold Way by Angeles Arrien

No comments: