Tuesday, June 11, 2019

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE LISTS -- 1

+ Here is the link to the Abundancetrek.com page with the title THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE LISTS > http://abundancetrek.com/lists.html

+ Beginning today, June 11, 2019 I intend to share some of my favorite lists one by one and write about some of the items on each list.  Perhaps my Facebook friends and others will add a few reflections and maybe even offer some great lists I could add to that Abundancetrek web page.

+ Here is one of my first favorite lists > THE EIGHT POINTS OF PROGRESSIVE CHRISTIANITY > https://progressivechristianity.org/the-8-points/ 

+ I will take these points one by one.

+ Point One is "By calling ourselves progressive Christians, we mean we are Christians who… Believe that following the path and teachings of Jesus can lead to an awareness and experience of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life."

I have been a Christian all of my life but I have always been interested in other wisdom traditions which also "lead to an awareness of the Sacred and the Oneness and Unity of all life. So I am glad that this is the first point since it affirms that this path is not the only path.  It's a good path, a great path, but not the only path.  And we can learn so much from people who have followed different paths.

Recently I revised the Abundancetrek.com home page and added a list of ten wonderful websites for spiritual wisdom and practices.  If you look at these websites, you will see that I have found a lot of wisdom and practices from different spiritual paths.  Only four of the ten can clearly be categorized as Christian in their primary orientation.  I have 2 shelves of favorite books.  One shelf has books that are clearly Christian (about 40 books) and the other one has books that are Buddhist, Taoist, Sufi, Hindu, Shamanic and more (also about 40 books).



No comments: