Saturday, June 22, 2024

WHAT IS THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH? -- 3

+ WHAT IS THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH? I don't know.  Do you? I have a lot of clues offered by wisdom teachers of all stripes and in all ages.  This series will soon include offerings of their profound contributions to the spiritual advancement of humanity.

For this post, I invite you to consider: WHO IS THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH? An answer: YOU ARE. Anybody else?  

I will get back to offering more wisdom from rock’n’roll music, but for this post I thought I would offer some ideas dealing with the question I posed in the last post: Who are you? The spiritual practice of YOU is one of the 37 spiritual practices which Spirituality&Practice offers with plenty of resources.

·        Link to The Practice of YOU

A thunderstorm came through. We turned off our internet connection which meant I could not go to The Practice of YOU … BUT I have the two books Frederic and Mary Ann Brussat wrote with all of the 37 spiritual practices and then some. They are Spiritual Literacy: Reading the Sacred in Everyday Life and Spiritual Rx: Prescriptions for Living a Meaningful Life. Here is a paragraph on YOU on page 508 of Spiritual Literacy:

“The seed of the Blessed One is planted in us but we have trouble accepting this reality. ‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,’ writes best-selling spirituality author Marianne Williamson. ‘Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous? Actually who are you not to be? You are a child of God.’”

How do you see yourself offering a unique contribution to this profound and amazing heavenly community creating “a new heaven and a new earth”?

+++++++++++

I invite you to join THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH Facebook Group. You can see these posts with comments as well as other posts and you can share your amazing journey with others. You are amazing and your ideas are welcome.

+++++++++++

No comments: