Wednesday, June 26, 2024

WHAT IS THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH? -- 4

 + WHAT IS THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH? I don't know.  Do you? I have a lot of clues offered by wisdom teachers of all stripes and in all ages. This series will soon include offerings of their profound contributions to the spiritual advancement of humanity.  Some of these profound contributions come from my InterSpiritual companions.   

Like Anna Cuyler. She is a friend, spiritual director and fellow InterSpiritual Mentor. She is also a member of THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH facebook group.  Her InterSpiritual path is fascinating and, of course, still emerging.  Like you and me, she doesn’t have all the answer to the big question I am asking, What is the New Faith for the New Earth?, but, like you and me, she has a lot of clues. Like you and me, she is “working on a mystery.” Like you and me she is creating The New Earth. Thanks Anna for this important contribution to the path we are on, the path which is an essential path for all creation.

She has begun offering a Newsletter focusing on creating a Spiritual Interfaith Community for those with or without a particular religious affiliation.  Here is a link to her first edition which is called Aim for True North > https://open.substack.com/pub/annacuyler/p/aim-for-true-north.

Since I often refer to myself as a wanderer, I really like the quote she opens with:

“Not all who wander are lost”.

(From J.R.R. Tolkien’s poem, "The Riddle of Strider", from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring)

I encourage you to reflect on the profound questions she asks and respond when you get a chance. 

Here are the questions:

  • What does it mean to be “spiritually independent”?
  • What exactly am I seeking?
  • What do I genuinely believe (or hope) is true?
  • Is spiritual pluralism possible -- or even desirable?
  • Through what avenues does my spirituality emerge most authentically?
  • How can I connect with something larger than myself?
  • Where can I find a sense of spiritual community?
  • Who can provide support when I have questions and challenges?
  • How can my spiritual life serve needs beyond my own?
Anna Cuyler's next post offered some more insightful, illuminating ideas: 

+ Anna Cuyler offers intriguing ideas about the category of "Spiritually Independent" in her newsletter, An Uncharted Path > https://annacuyler.substack.com/.../am-i-spiritually...

I recommend that you read this and subscribe to An Uncharted Path.

She begins with a quote by Rabbi Rami Shapiro who has written extensively about the Spiritually Independent and Perennial Wisdom: “… This is the essence of what it is to be spiritually independent. You are open to wisdom from whatever system of belief it may come, and yet free from having to believe in that system as a whole in order to benefit from its wisdom.”

Some of us here fit the category Anna is focusing on: "Spiritually Independent." And if we don’t fit it, many of us can appreciate what our companions who do fit this category are struggling with and gladly receive the wisdom they offer us.

Anna offers a link to the website of David Hayward, aka Naked Pastor, who says “I've been blogging about spirituality, deconstruction, and religious freedom since 2006.” He has begun a group called The Lasting Supper. Anna offers a link to The Lasting Supper where you will find an illuminating credo for the Spiritually Independent.

Thank You Anna for this important contribution which I find so helpful as we continue to seek understand about what THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH is. I know it's happening and I know we are all co-creating it but I also know that it is a mystery which defies explanation. We simply have to keep "Runnin' down a dream, Workin' on a mystery. Goin' wherever it leads ..." This helps.

++++++++++++

I invite you to join THE NEW FAITH FOR THE NEW EARTH Facebook Group. You can see these posts with comments as well as other posts and you can share your amazing journey with others. You are amazing and your ideas are welcome.

++++++++++++

Previous Posts in this Series >  | WNF 1 | WNF 2 | WNF 3 |

++++++++++++


No comments: