Friday, July 8, 2016

SPIRITUAL EXPLORATIONS – 195

WE ARE EXPLORING THE PRACTICE OF DELIGHT


+ This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.
-- Psalm 118:24

+ Now is the time to be delighted and delightful.  Yes there are many things to be concerned about but they are not the ultimate reality of our existence.  I often recite and recommend The Twelve Pathways to Higher Consciousness created by Kenneth Keyes.  The fourth pathway is:

I always remember I have everything I need to enjoy my here and now unless I am letting my consciousness be dominated by demands and expectations based on the dead past or imagined future.  

I often recite and recommend the  7 steps of InterSpiritual Meditation offered by Edward Bastian.  Step 5 is: 

May I be mindful through my breathing.

It is so simple to be awake, aware and connected in the here and now, right?  Simple, yes.  Easy, no.  That monkey mind just keeps interfering.  The distractions seem to be endless.  Only, practice, practice, practice of our spiritual practices beginning with stillness can get us there, I mean here. 

+ For more inspiration and illumination from Edward Bastian, I invite you to find some time for https://youtu.be/Yy_jK7a0qBs sooner or later.  It is a 2-hour video.

+ Delight is not one of the 37 Spirituality & Practice practices BUT put Delight in their Search Engine and you come up with 85 items including 67 quotes, 16 books, 1 practice, and 1 film as of 6/14/16.  Go to http://www.spiritualityandpractice.com/search/?q=Delight.  However, it is clear that Mary Ann & Frederic Brussat are big fans of Joy. Therefore, put Joy in their Search Engine and you come up with 2057 items including 867 quotes, 835 books, 160 practices, 11 teachers, 24 arts links, 29 e-courses, 98 films, 26 blogs and 4 traditions as of 6/14/16. Oh, and Joy IS one of the 37 spiritual practices. You can also be inspired by their Twelves Gallery on Joy

+ Joy will come up again very soon in these explorations since it is the second of 9 heavenly attributes we will be exploring.

+ I would love it if you offered a guest post on this practice or any practice.  And, I have work to do on my Delight page.  Maybe you can help.  Send an email with the subject “Delight” or “Guest Post” to John@abundancetrek.com.

+ You can always find a link to any of the Spiritual Explorations posts by going to http://abundancetrek.com/sepostsaccess.html

No comments: