Wednesday, October 19, 2016

SPIRITUAL EXPLORATIONS – 294

WE ARE EXPLORING THE PRACTICE OF HEAVENLINESS

+ This is the second of four posts on the style of The Way of Wisdom as we complete exploring the practice of Heavenliness through the lens of the 12 styles of the Mandala process created by Edward Bastian.  Why only 4?  Because Wisdom is one of the 9 Attributes of Heaven which we will begin exploring when we get to SE297. Wisdom will come up as the third attribute after we explore Abundance and Joy.

+
You desire truth in the inward being;
therefore teach me wisdom in my secret heart.
 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
and put a new and right spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from your presence,
and do not take your holy spirit from me.
 Restore to me the joy of your salvation,
and sustain in me a willing spirit.
-- Psalm 51:6, 10-12

+ Yes, so many of our life experiences have made us wise BUT God is always doing a “new thing” (Isaiah 43:18a). So, we become truly wise only when we are open to the truth that God is “making all things new” (Revelation 21;5), always creating “new heavens and a new earth” (Isaiah 65:17 and Revelation 21:1).  We always need that “new and right spirit” because “…everything old has passed away; see, everything has become new!” (2 Corinthians 5:17b).  So, let us always become new and we will certainly become wiser and wiser in the process which is so miraculous, mysterious and marvelous.
  

+ The 7 steps of InterSpiritual Meditation by Edward Bastian are listed in SE21 and SE213. They are described fully in his book, InterSpiritual Meditation

+ To get inspired and illuminated by Ed Bastian, I invite you to set aside some time for these videos:  Seven Steps of InterSpiritual Meditation (11 minutes) | 15 minute introduction to InterSpiritual Meditation and the Mandala Process | 2 hour lecture & conversation

+ I would love it if you offered a guest post on this practice or any practice.  And, I have work to do on my Heavenliness page.  Maybe you can help.  Send an email with the subject “Heavenliness” or “Love” or “Guest Post” to John@abundancetrek.com.

No comments: