Thursday, November 19, 2009

SUPPORTING THE PALESTINIANS -- 4

+ The I AM ISRAEL video was removed by IPMN and called a "mistake." I just posted the following comment on the page where the video had been:

I can understand and even appreciate the decision to remove the video. The edge of anger was hard to take and it was clearly unbalanced. However, people in the USA need to hear that anger and need to hear that pain. I appreciate Barb Shuck's comment and I am going to put it on my blog. She has been there and has seen and felt the pain. What Israel is doing with huge support from our government is wrong, horribly wrong. The video is an understandable reaction to the nightmare Barb describes. And she is only describing the little piece of it that she saw.

The charge of "anti-Semitism" is all too freely thrown about these days and should not be used in the context of this kind of outrageous oppression against the Palestinians. I am sick of hearing the label of "anti-Semitic" aimed so often and so erroneously at all of us advocing long overdue justice for the Palestinians.

I really do believe that the video is not anti-Semitic but a legitimate cry for help and for justice that we need to hear and feel.

You can see the video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4gymxY2zM8&feature=player_embedded


+ See my previous "Supporting the Palestinians" posts:
Go to #1
Go to #2
Go to #3

No comments: