Wednesday, April 13, 2016

SPIRITUAL EXPLORATIONS – 106

WE ARE EXPLORING THE PRACTICE OF SOLITUDE

+ The life of peace begins anew each morning. We take a breath, awaken, and receive the gift of life, the gift of the present moment. The great spiritual traditions urge us to take time each day to center ourselves in the spirit of peace. If we dare enter the solitude of peace, we will rediscover who we are, each one of us a beloved, precious child of the God of peace.
-- John Dear

+ How do you begin your day?  I often begin with some Yoga asanas and / or a Chi Lel Chi Gong routine followed by a mindfulness practice, usually including Dr. Edward W. Bastian’s  Seven Step InterSpiritual Meditation and Centering Prayer as taught by Father Thomas Keating. The aim is to integrate mind, heart, body and soul.  Before we eat Breakfast, Mary & I will sing or say “This is the Day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it.” When and if I get to the computer, I go to several websites for inspiration including The Daily Lectionary, Daily Zen, the Gratefulness Word for the Day, the One Spirit Daily Inspiration, Inner Frontier, Weaving Home on Facebook  and several Spirituality & Practice pages.  There are several other sources I like but I do not always find the time to get to them. 

Spirituality & Practice offers many resources on the spiritual practice of Solitude.

+ I would love it if you offered a guest post on this practice or any practice.  And, I have work to do on my Solitude Page.   Maybe you can help.  Send an email with the subject “Solitude” or “Guest Post” to John@abundancetrek.com.

+ You can always find a link to any of the Spiritual Explorations posts by going to http://abundancetrek.com/sepostsaccess.html

No comments: