Wednesday, August 10, 2016

SPIRITUAL EXPLORATIONS – 236

WE ARE EXPLORING THE PRACTICE OF HEAVENLINESS



+ Continuing with the 12 styles of the Mandala process, we are exploring the style of Imagination.

+
The time for healing of the wounds has come.
The time to build is upon us …
We pledge ourselves to liberate all our people
from the continuing bondage of poverty, deprivation,
suffering, gender and other discrimination …
There is no easy road to freedom …
None of us alone can achieve success.
We must therefore act together as a united people,
for reconciliation, for nation building,
for the birth of a new world.
-- Nelson Mandela

+ I wonder what the world would look like if it was made in my image. I would save the rain forests, no, increase the rainforests. I would rebuild the railroads in the USA and in other nations where they have deteriorated. I would find all kinds of ways to reduce noise so that we could enjoy plenty of peace and quiet in our daily lives. Not that there isn’t a place for noise but let’s make it quality noise and reduce the quantity of noise we are subjected to. I would disarm the nations of the world as rapidly as possible.  I would make sure that we all knew the Golden Rule and tried to practice it as frequently as possible. I would make everyone aware of the need for solar power and wind power and possibly other new ways to create the energy we need for sustainable abundance, not exceeding our needs. As Gandhi said: “The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.” That’s the world I want to see and I now am trying to imagine and then create along with my fellow dreamers.  What would the world look like if it was made in your image?  Together we can create something wonderful.  Imagine it and pray it into being.
  + The 12 styles of Mandala: Creating An Authentic Spiritual Path: An InterSpiritual Process by Edward Bastian are listed in SE206.

+ The 7 steps of InterSpiritual Meditation by Edward Bastian are listed in SE21 and SE213.  They are described fully in his book, InterSpiritual Meditation.

+ To get inspired and illuminated by Ed Bastian, I invite you to set aside some time for these videos:
·         Seven Steps of InterSpiritual Meditation (11 minutes)
·         2 hour lecture & conversation

Spirituality & Practice emphasizes the practices of Beauty, Creativity, Imagination & Wonder: The Practice of Beauty | The 12s Gallery on Beauty | The 12s Gallery on Creativity | The Practice of Imagination | The 12s Gallery on Imagination |  The Practice of Wonder | The 12s Gallery on Wonder

+ I would love it if you offered a guest post on this practice or any practice.  And, I have work to do on my Heavenliness page.  Maybe you can help.  Send an email with the subject “Heavenliness” or "Imagination" or “Guest Post” to John@abundancetrek.com.

+ You can always find a link to any of the Spiritual Explorations posts by going to http://abundancetrek.com/sepostsaccess.html

No comments: